23 December 2022
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Canadian Red Cross has replaced the Heathcare Provider (HCP) level of CPR with the new Basic Life Support (BLS) curriculum. Responders who previously required CPR HCP will now require CPR BLS. The new BLS program incorporates the latest evidence-based science and research and meets current industry standards and legislative requirements.
First Aid & CPR techniques for those who want more in-depth knowledge to respond to emergencies. The course covers a variety of topics from basic, such as cardiovascular and breathing emergencies, to in-depth topics, such as sudden medical conditions and injuries to the head and spine.
About this course
- 13 to 16 hour course with flexible scheduling options
- 3 year certification in Standard First Aid & CPR/AED (or as legislation dictates)
- Optional AED certification (where local legislation permits)
- Preparing to Respond
- The EMS System
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation Emergencies
- First Aid for Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest
- Head & Spine Injuries
- Bone, Muscle & Joint Injuries
- Wound Care
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
Level HCP (Healthcare Provider) or BLS (Basic Life Support
Covers all CPR Level C skills and includes two-rescuer Adult/Child/Baby CPR and use of a Bag-Valve-Mask; intended for healthcare providers (i.e. Physicians, nurses, paramedics and Allied Healthcare Providers – RT, OT, PT).
- Adult/Child/Baby CPR – one rescuer
- Adult/Child/Baby choking
- Barrier device/ pocket masks
- AED certification
- Assisted Ventilations
- Adult/Child/Baby – 2-person rescuer CPR
Venue: SOS First Aid , Mississauga
Venue Phone: 905-844-9813
Venue Website: https://sosfirstaid.caAddress:
7th floor- Suite 706 – Free parking is available in front of the building. Enter through the main doors and take the elevator up to the 7th floor.
The building is the tall green building, located on the west side of Hurontario, just north of HW403.
The parking entrance is off of Tucana Court, behind the building.