Event Phone: 905-844-9813
Red Cross Instructor Course
23 May 2023 - 30 May 2023
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Cost is $700 plus HST.
The in-class sessions run over 4 days:
Fundamentals of Instruction: May 23/24, 2022 (Please call us at 905-844-9813 if you would like to register for Fundamentals of Instruction only)
First Aid instructor-specific: May 29/30, 2022 (Please call us at 905-844-9813 if you would like to register for the First Aid Instructor discipline specific transfer course only)
Skills assessment: May 17, 5 pm .
The process to become a Red Cross first aid instructor is as follows:
– Prerequisite is a current and valid Standard First Aid with CPR C/AED and a successful skills assessment signed off by a TES or FAIT.
The process requires you to:
– Complete a skills assessment prior to your course (this is done through SOS First Aid)
– Complete the online Fundamentals of Instruction program of about 8 hours,
– Complete an in-class fundamentals of instruction program – 16 hours
– Complete the first aid specific instructor’s program – 16 hours
– Complete a Teaching Experience of 50% of a full Standard First Aid with an experienced instructor.
There are 4 pre-course assignments (2 for the Fundamentals of instruction and 2 for the First Aid specific class).
The cost to become an instructor is $700/person (plus HST) and includes the skills assessment, all materials, the instructors course and teaching experience. Payment can be made by e-transfer or credit card at the time of registration.
Venue: SOS First Aid and Safety Training Hamilton
Venue Phone: 905-844-9813
Venue Website: www.sosfirstaid.caAddress: