It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
First Responder and Emergency Medical ResponderREGISTER NOW
The Red Cross First Responder and Emergency Medical Responder course is designed for candidates who wish to deliver Canadian Red Cross Professional Responder courses, including:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- First Responder (FR)
- Advanced First Aid (AFA)
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
- Oxygen Therapy (OT)
- Marine Advanced First Aid (MAFA) and
- Airway Management (AM)
Course content focuses on instructional techniques, including designing and supporting scenarios, organizing courses, and how to support dynamic, learner-centered classroom environments. As an Instructor Development Centre, SOS First Aid Instructors use state-of-the-art instructional tools to help customize the learning environment to the various industry and personal learning needs of the participants.
Developed by Professional Responders, for Professional Responders
- The Professional Responder Program is customizable, flexible, and offers options to support a truly learner-centered experience.
- Instructor tools and resources allow Instructors to adapt lesson plans to the needs of the class and deliver courses in various workplace environments.
- Learning activities and scenarios reflect real-life situations with adaptability to various settings. Skill videos use the latest technology in video production (drones and virtual reality)
How to Start the Program
Below is the path to becoming a certified Instructor to teach Professional Responder courses.
- You must successfully complete each step before advancing to the next step.
- Candidates must hold a current Red Cross participant level certification in the discipline they wish to teach.
- Candidates will attend the Professional Responder discipline-specific classroom component and will complete their teaching experience classroom component on the course level they wish to teach.