Are you interested in teaching people how to save lives and prevent injury? Become a first aid instructor with the Canadian Red Cross.
The process to become a Red Cross first aid instructor is as follows:
- Prerequisite is a current and valid Standard First Aid with CPR C/AED
- Complete a skills assessment prior to your course
- Complete an online program of approximately 8 hours
- Complete the Fundamentals of Instruction course (approx. 16 hours)
- Complete the First Aid Instructor course (approx. 16 hours)
- Complete a Teaching Experience of a full Standard First Aid with an experienced instructor.
There are 6 pre-course assignments (3 for the Fundamentals of instruction class and 3 for the First Aid specific class).
Cost is $750 and includes the skills assessment, all materials, the instructors courses and teaching experience.
|Event||Venue||Start Date||End Date|
|Red Cross Basic Life Support Instructor Course (Discipline Specific)- Stoney Creek/Hamilton||SOS First Aid, Stoney Creek/Hamilton||August 9, 2021 9:00 am - 5:00 pm||August 10, 2021 9:00 am - 5:00 pm||Register|
|Virtual Red Cross First Aid Instructor HUB & FAI RECERTIFICATION||Virtual Classroom on Zoom||August 25, 2021 8:30 am - 5:00 pm||August 25, 2021 9:00 am - 5:30 pm||Register|
|Red Cross First Aid Instructor Course and Fundamentals of Instruction - Mississauga||Living Arts Centre, Mississauga||September 14, 2021 9:00 am - 5:00 pm||September 22, 2021 9:00 am - 5:00 pm||Register|
|Virtual Red Cross First Aid Instructor HUB & FAI RECERTIFICATION||Virtual Classroom on Zoom||September 25, 2021 8:30 am - 5:00 pm||September 25, 2021 9:00 am - 5:30 pm||Register|
|Psychological First Aid Instructor (For current First Aid or Water Safety Instructors)||Living Arts Centre, Mississauga||October 9, 2021 9:00 am - 5:30 pm||October 10, 2021 9:00 am - 5:00 pm||Register|