Does your teen or tween enjoy being with children?
Do they want to earn some extra money?
Our Red Cross Babysitting Course not only prepares them to work with and care for children, but also teaches them basic first aid and business skills they can build on in the future.
This babysitting training course is designed for youth aged 11 – 14. Participants learn how to run a small babysitting business and supervise younger siblings or other children in a safe and responsible manner.
As a Canadian Red Cross Training Partner and Affiliate of the Lifesaving Society, our instructors are fully qualified to teach our babysitting training classes.
Our babysitting training will teach students:
- How to find clients and make money babysitting
- Caring for children of all ages
- Creating safe environments and preventing accidents
- Fire safety and prevention
- What to do in an emergency
- Good decision-making and leadership skills
- Basic First Aid skills
Take our babysitting course at one of our convenient training locations in Southern Ontario, or ask us to hold a private course for your group of 10 or more.
Your child will take home the Red Cross Babysitting Manual and Certification Card, increasing their chances of finding babysitting work.
- Taught by qualified instructors with a First Aid background
- 7 hours in length (one day or flexible scheduling options)
- Course can be taught as standalone or with an infant/child CPR component
- How to care for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and school-age children
- Strategies to create a safe and positive environment and prevent injuries
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to handle emergencies and give First Aid
- Age-appropriate activities and games
- Communication and basic business skills
- Red Cross Babysitting Manual
- Certification Card
- Youth aged 11 – 14 who want to start babysitting
If you’re child is ready to start babysitting, register for a course near you today!