Event Phone: 905-844-9813
Red Cross Instructor Course
18 April 2024 - 26 April 2024
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Cost is $700 plus HST. Includes Fundamentals of Instruction and First Aid Instructor Workshops
The in-class sessions run over 4 days:
Fundamentals of Instruction: April 18 & 19 (Please call us at 905-844-9813 if you would like to register for Fundamentals of Instruction only)
First Aid instructor-specific: April 25& 26 (Please call us at 905-844-9813 if you would like to register for the First Aid Instructor discipline specific transfer course only)
Skills assessment: April 15, 5 pm.
The process to become a Red Cross first aid instructor is as follows:
– Prerequisite is a current and valid Standard First Aid with CPR C/AED and a successful skills assessment signed off by a TES or FAIT.
The process requires you to:
– Complete a skills assessment prior to your course (this is done through SOS First Aid)
– Complete the online Fundamentals of Instruction program of about 8 hours,
– Complete an in-class fundamentals of instruction program – 16 hours
– Complete the first aid specific instructor’s program – 16 hours
– Complete a Teaching Experience of 50% of a full Standard First Aid with an experienced instructor.
There are 4 pre-course assignments (2 for the Fundamentals of instruction and 2 for the First Aid specific class).
The cost to become an instructor is $700/person (plus HST) and includes the skills assessment, all materials, the instructors course and teaching experience. Payment can be made by e-transfer or credit card at the time of registration.
Venue Phone: 905-844-9813
Venue Website: https://sosfirstaid.caAddress:
7th floor- Suite 706 – Free parking is available in front of the building. Enter through the main doors and take the elevator up to the 7th floor.
The building is the tall green building, located on the west side of Hurontario, just north of HW403.
The parking entrance is off of Tucana Court, behind the building.