Holding a First Aid Certificate is more than about being prepared. It’s about taking action to save the life a loved one, friend, colleague, or even a stranger. What bigger difference could you make in someone’s life?
Make that difference to help someone in need, or upgrade your professional skills with our Standard First Aid with CPR BLS (formerly HCP) and AED course.
This program provides comprehensive First Aid & CPR for health care professionals (BLS/HCP) techniques that help you respond to emergencies at home, work, or anywhere medical emergencies can occur. We will cover such topics as first aid for circulatory and breathing emergencies, CPR Level C (adult, child, infant, and 2-person CPR) and BLS, AED, disease transmission prevention, wound care, treating injuries to the head and spine, and much more.
This course meets WSIB first aid requirements for a workplace with 6 or more staff.
As a Canadian Red Cross Training Partner and Affiliate of the Lifesaving Society, our instructors are fully qualified to teach First Aid & CPR, and can tailor each course based on class composition. Our First Aid & CPR programs are WSIB approved and meet standards established by Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Earn your certification at one of our convenient training locations in Southern Ontario, or we can bring the program to your office or group.
After completing this course, you will have your:
- Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Standard CPR C and BLS Certificate
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certificate
- 14 – 16-hour course with flexible scheduling options
- Includes CPR Level BLS
- Provides you with a 3-year valid certification recognized in the workplace (you can take a short recertification session every 3 years)
- Includes AED (Automated External Defibrillation) certification
- How to respond to emergencies
- The EMS system
- The 3 key principles in First Aid: Check, Call, Care
- How to treat:
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing & Circulation Emergencies
- Sudden medical conditions and environmental emergencies
- First Aid for:
- Respiratory & Cardiac Arrest
- Head & Spine Injuries
- Bone, Muscle & Joint Injuries
- Wound Care
- Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual
- Certification Card
- Doctors, nurses, paramedics, and other allied health care professionals
- Early Childhood Educators
- Daycare Providers
- Healthcare Workers
- Lifeguards/Swim Instructors
- Camp Counsellors
- Canadian Border Services
- Police Foundations Students
- Any workplace with 6 or more staff
- Any person who works with children
- Individuals with no prior first aid training
- Employers who want/need their employees trained in First Aid
|Event||Venue||Start Date||End Date|