November 6, 2018 – November 14, 2018
800 QUEENSTON RD, Unit 208
The process to become a Red Cross first aid instructor is as follows:
– Prerequisite is a current and valid Standard First Aid with CPR C/AED
– Complete a skills assessment prior to your course
– Complete an online program of about 8 hours,
– Complete an in-class instructor’s course of 32 hours
– Teaching Experience opportunity of 50% of a full Standard First Aid with an experienced instructor.
There are 6 pre-course assignments (3 for the Fundamentals of instruction class and 3 for the First Aid specific class) so there is quite a bit of prep work.
The cost to become an instructor is $720 and includes the skills assessment, all materials, the instructors course and teaching experience. Payment can be made by e-transfer or credit card at the time of registration.
Please contact Velma at 905-844-9813 or [email protected] for more details about becoming an instructor for the Red Cross.