Are you interested in teaching people how to save lives and prevent injury? Become a first aid instructor with the Canadian Red Cross.
The process to become a Red Cross first aid instructor is as follows:
- Prerequisite is a current and valid Standard First Aid with CPR C/AED
- Complete a skills assessment prior to your course
- Complete an online program of approximately 8 hours
- Complete the Fundamentals of Instruction course (approx. 16 hours)
- Complete the First Aid Instructor course (approx. 16 hours)
- Complete a Teaching Experience of a full Standard First Aid with an experienced instructor.
There are 6 pre-course assignments (3 for the Fundamentals of instruction class and 3 for the First Aid specific class).
Cost is $720 and includes the skills assessment, all materials, the instructors courses and teaching experience.
|Event||Venue||Start Date||End Date|
|Red Cross Instructor Recertification - Oakville||The Meeting House||April 29, 2020 8:00 am - 5:00 pm||April 29, 2020 8:00 am - 5:00 pm||Register|
|First Aid & CPR/AED Instructor (May 19/20 & May 26/27 - Skills May 14) - Stoney Creek||SOS First Aid||May 19, 2020 9:00 am - 5:00 pm||May 27, 2020 9:00 am - 5:00 pm||Register|
|Red Cross Instructor Recertification - Stoney Creek||SOS First Aid||May 25, 2020 8:00 am - 5:00 pm||May 25, 2020 8:00 am - 5:00 pm||Register|