Red Cross First Aid
Are you interested in teaching people how to save lives and prevent injury? Become a first aid instructor with the Canadian Red Cross.
The process to become a Red Cross first aid instructor is as follows:
- Prerequisite is a current and valid Standard First Aid with CPR C/AED
- Complete a skills assessment prior to your course
- Complete an online program of approximately 8 hours
- Complete the Fundamentals of Instruction course (approx. 16 hours)
- Complete the First Aid Instructor course (approx. 16 hours)
- Complete a Teaching Experience of a full Standard First Aid with an experienced instructor.
There are 6 pre-course assignments (3 for the Fundamentals of instruction class and 3 for the First Aid specific class).
Cost is $720 and includes the skills assessment, all materials, the instructors courses and teaching experience.
|Event||Venue||Start Date||End Date|
|First Aid & CPR/AED Instructor 2017 (Nov. 14/15 & Nov. 21/22 - Skills Nov. 8)-Stoney Creek||SOS First Aid||November 14, 2019 9:00 am - 5:00 pm||November 22, 2019 9:00 am - 5:00 pm||Closed|
|Red Cross Instructor Recertification - Oakville - Cancelled||The Meeting House||November 29, 2019 8:00 am - 5:00 pm||November 29, 2019 9:00 am - 5:00 pm||Closed|
|Red Cross Instructor Recertification - Hamilton / Stoney Creek||SOS First Aid||December 7, 2019 8:00 am - 5:00 pm||December 7, 2019 8:00 am - 5:00 pm||Register|
|First Aid & CPR/AED Instructor (Jan 9/10 & Jan 16/17 - Skills Jan 7)-Stoney Creek||SOS First Aid||January 9, 2020 9:00 am - 5:00 pm||January 17, 2020 9:00 am - 5:00 pm||Register|