WSIB Requirements / Excellence
Whether covering WSIB Excellence topics or the WSIB Regulation 1101 Requirements, SOS has training is available at your workplace with a minimum requirement of 5 people. If you have under 5 people please feel free to attend one of our public courses. Schedule
WSIB Excellence Program
Workplace injuries affect all business sectors, it’s not only in the high-risk industries such as construction and manufacturing. In 2018, the WSIB reported that 74 people lost their lives at work and accepted over 64,000 claims related to time off work as a result of a workplace injury or disease.
What is the WSIB Excellence Program?
In Ontario, the newly launched Excellence program changes how WSIB works with employers to instill a company-wide culture of health and safety in order to develop a safer and prosperous province.
The goal of this program is to reward its safest employers and make available up to $250,0000 in rebates on an annual basis, with restrictions, to each of the current 300,000+ Ontario employers. This incentive-based program is the first of its kind in Canada, replacing Safety Group, SCAP programs previously in place. The program makes available $140 million is premium savings to Ontario employers.
5 Reasons Why an Employer Should Join the Program
- The program totally changes how WSIB works with employers by rewarding its safest employers and making available rebates up to 75% of their WSIB premium.
- The program is a simple and fair roadmap for all Ontario employers. From small business to large corporations, the program helps employers strive for health, safety and wellness excellence.
- The pace of the journey is flexible for employers in terms of timelines, goals and immediate cost savings.
- The program is well organized and easy to start. The exact plan or order in which an employer completes the program modules is between the employer and the provider It begins with health and safety foundational building blocks and then moves onto intermediate and more advanced topics to achieve excellence.
- The journey is yours: It’s a framework that uniquely fits each company’s health and safety vision.
Where Do We Begin?
Familiarize yourself with the guidelines: https://www.wsib.ca/sites/default/files/2019-10/program_guidelines.pdf
Calculate your Rebates: https://www.wsib.ca/en/health-and-safety-excellence-program-achieve-earn-rebates-and-recognition
Beginning in January 2020, attend a free WSIB Excellence Information Session near you: https://www.wsib.ca/en/health-and-safety-excellence-program-stay-connected
WSIB Requirements – Regulation 1101
“The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) regulates workplace safety education in Ontario and has set laws regarding first aid called Regulation 1101. Our courses are approved by WSIB (Worker Safety & Insurance Board).
To view Regulation 1101 in PDF click here.
WSIB approved training courses include:
Standard First Aid/CPR is required by WSIB for companies with more than 5 employees at any one time who are always accessible. Click here for course outline and details. Please note, prices are subject to change based on the number of participants.
Emergency First Aid /CPR is required by WSIB for companies with 1-5 employees at any one time who are always accessible.
Click here for course outline and details. Please note, prices are subject to change based on the number of participants.
For group bookings inquiries and quotes please email us
at [email protected] or phone 905-844-9813.